Digital Marketing transforming the Travel and Tourism Industry
Digital marketing has the potential to transform the travel and tourism sector.
According to the World Travel & Tourism Council, the industry supported 292,000,000 jobs in 2016 and generated US$7.6 trillion (0.22% of global GDP). This was six consecutive years of industry growth exceeding the global economies by 2.5%. It beat the development in other high-earning industries, including finance, business services, and manufacturing.
Many factors have contributed to the continued year-over-year growth in travel, such as the availability of lower airfares and more affordable accommodation options, higher disposable income, The creation of travel communities. But I also believe that the internet played an important role — and even influenced some of the other elements. The internet is used by approximately four billion people worldwide.
We have unlimited access to information via smartphones, tablets, and computers.
Why should you use digital marketing to promote your company?
There are a lot of opportunities.
Digital marketing is a way for companies to reach out to potential customers in new and more beneficial ways. It has also been a boon to the tourism and travel industry. Both will continue to grow and thrive, creating new employment opportunities. Some educational institutions have recognized this fact and started offering specialized online tourism and digital marketing degrees.
Social media’s power — hashtags, influencers
Instagram has played a significant role in increasing FOMO, especially social media. Everyone has an IG Explore page filled with photos of travel, often accompanied with captioned reflections or recollections about the destination. There are also tons of hashtags. Clicking any of these hashtags brings up thousands of more photos of others on a journey to see the world.
Exciting Videos To Drive Sales
Your tourism company can make the most of video platforms online and modern innovations to promote its brand and increase visibility. You can drive more people to your products and services by using key events or other recreational activities in your video content. This will help you increase your sales.
Your website can also be used to incorporate videos into your marketing materials to help people move.
- 3 out of 5 travelers use online videos to narrow their travel options.
- Vlogs are the most popular and engaging way to travel videos.
- Photos from other travelers influence 73% of travelers’ travel plans and itineraries.
Accessible and Easy Online Travel Booking
Online bookings have made people easily travel worldwide without the dilly-dallying around for booking flight tickets; you need to have an online website to attract all those potential customers to make their trip bookings through your site. You can maintain a reliable travel website for people moving across the world to see recommendations of hotels and places instead of checking various travel websites.
- Trip Advisor received 600 million reviews and opinions last year.
- Nearly 95% of travelers prefer to use the internet channel for booking and searching for travel destinations.
- In 2019, digital travel sales were expected to reach 755 trillion dollars.
- 55% of Indian internet users used it to book travel services online.
Personal experience being shared online.
Rapidly, travel reviews are being created, shared, and consumed on social media. Facebook reviews and Google Business are simple to leave reviews about hotels, restaurants, and other destinations. Particularly in the travel industry, such feedback can make or break your business. Online reviews are a must for travel agencies and hotels. They need to take care of their customers and improve their services. You cannot opt-out of this game because your competition will have a significant advantage.
- According to Tnooz, 95% of consumers read reviews before booking.
- According to research from Smart Insights, 60% of leisure and 41% of business travelers are making travel arrangements via the internet.
- According to research by Smart Insights, 60% of leisure travelers and 41% of business travelers make travel arrangements online today.
Create a personalized travel experience by using data
Digital Marketing and Digital Tools allow you to collect and analyze data more effectively. You can easily collect customer data through your sales process and service duration. You can explore the data to provide a more personalized experience to your customers and identify any patterns that may negatively impact your services. This will allow you to understand your customers better and provide the best possible service for them.
Travel brands that do the best brand marketing digitally.
It is one of the most loved social media companies. It has more than 21 million followers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
What makes the company so successful?
Airbnb places its community at the heart of social media marketing campaigns and provides excellent customer service.
National Geographic Travel: Travel social media marketing is all about storytelling.
- Social media has made tourism a booming industry. This is why there are more travel companies wanting to get on board. National Geographic Travel is a well-known brand on social media, with over 50 million followers across all platforms.
This is how you can grow your business with the help of digital marketing services; using the right platform for your companies growth is crucial. Contact us before you fall prey to the cutthroat competition.