How Digital Marketing can transform the Food Industry?
The food sector is a global, complex network of businesses that supply most food used by the population. The food industry today is extremely diverse. It may be small, family-run, labor-intensive manufacturing operations that are high-tech and capital-intensive and large, highly automated industrial processes. Any digital marketing can transform its success rate.
Digital Marketing has transformed the food industry. Digital Marketing has made it easy for foodies to find reviews about restaurants and other eating establishments via mobile phones. Restaurant owners can now easily find potential customers near them thanks to the development of digital marketing channels. Digital food marketing strategies should be focused on affordability, taste, and health.
- Search engines account for 56% of all traffic to websites about food brands. SEO is, therefore, the best marketing strategy. (The Business Journals).
- 88% of restaurants advertise using a marketing agency. (National Restaurant Association 2020)
- 90% of customers spend time researching a restaurant before they eat. (Upserve, 2019)
- Mobile searches for local restaurants are growing 50% faster than general mobile searches. (NetWaiter, 2020)
A creative food blog
Blogs are a great way to increase your business’s online visibility. A blog can be written about delicious food and its nutritional benefits. This will allow you to market your food and create a deep interest among the audience. Your website will rank higher in search engine results pages if you add a blog page.
- 79% of users trust blogs for food information.
- Most of the active social media users follow food bloggers for their aesthetic food photography
- 81% (and 89% for millennials) would like to learn more about food preparation and see behind-the-scenes footage.
Create an event on social media
This is a great way to increase traffic to social media and get real leads for your company. For example, invite people to your event via Facebook if you’re promoting a recipe or food item. Paid ads can be used to promote your event with relevant calls to action.
- Nearly half the adults watch YouTube food videos.
- In 2018, 110% of the interest in cooking skills videos skyrocketed.
- 86% of millennials look to YouTube for help with topics such as cooking and baking.
- Loyal millennial foodies are a loyal audience that has seen a 280% increase in subscriptions to food channels year after year.
- Nearly 41 billion views have been generated by food content on YouTube.
Run a contest
A contest is one of the best ways for your brand to gain popularity. You could offer a prize like a 100$ gift card along with the food. You can drive more engagements to your social media channels by asking people to name 3 people and then ask them to repost the contest. This activity can increase the number of fans you have for your
Marketing with Instagram Influencers
Influencer marketing is a great strategy for restaurant and food businesses. People love to take photos of famous restaurants or eat at restaurants. They also love to use hashtags and mention your restaurant. Another way to use influencer marketing is to ask influencers for reviews about restaurants. Then invite them to host an event with you and have them make a video of the event.
Google Maps can be used effectively.
Listing your business on google maps makes it easy to locate your restaurants for potential customers staying in the same area. It’s also easy for them to get the food they ordered if they stay nearby. You can also locate your restaurant using GPS navigation systems.
Pay Per Click Google Ads Search & Display campaigns:
Google ads campaigns can be used to show your offers for restaurants. You can also include location extensions in your campaign to draw people towards your restaurants. Banner ads can be used to target specific food preferences through display campaigns. Our PPC services are of the highest quality.
Create an emotional connection
Because of their strong branding, we all feel an emotional connection to the products based on our past experiences and stories. When you think about chocolate today, Cadbury chocolates are the first thing you think of. And coco-cola is what you could think of when you first try to remember a cold beverage.
How can restaurants use digital marketing to get huge profits?
What about taking photos of your best dishes and making customers swoon just by looking at the delicious offerings? Digital marketing strategies can make it easy to treat customers’ eyes ahead of time, making them want your food, and ultimately, bringing you more customers.
Increase brand loyalty
Your customers can contact you to comment on your new entries and promotions if you are involved with digital marketing, especially social media. This allows you to have personal contact with every customer. This helps increase brand recognition and loyalty. Customers feel more connected to the brand this way.
- Responding quickly to customers via social media is a winning strategy for restaurants. 71% of respondents say they are more likely to recommend companies that respond quickly.
- Online marketing has influenced over 1 billion restaurant visits.
- A Yelp review rating of half a star can make a restaurant’s business more profitable by 27%.
One of the most varied industries in the beverage and food sector is the variety of digitally-operating brands and companies.
This includes all brands, from top-selling restaurants and fast-food outlets to global giants like subway, Starbucks, dominos and many other big brands.
They provide an essential service, so it’s not surprising that they use social media for their branding and other digital platforms to keep up with changing times and reach millions of customers worldwide.
Let us help you with our services to help you build a digital facade for your brand and have an identity for your company.